There are many advocates of e-commerce push the e-commerce ideas to the B2B businesses after seeing unimaginable success of B2C businesses. Recent close down of retailers worldwide have boosted their morale. However, the same ideas and development strategies are not applicable for the B2B businesses because:
- Unlike B2C, customers are in limited numbers in B2B businesses. Therefore, customer retention matters more than the customer acquisition.
- B2B businesses have fatty deals in terms of numbers of products and transactions amounts. Therefore, B2b e-commerce website demands utmost security measures as well as capabilities to manage intensive interactions and personalization with unique and tailored designing as well as coding at e-commerce developers’ part.
- Unlike B2C, you can’t give same user experiences of adding a product in cart and pay online with a simple click. Buying process of most of B2B businesses involves contractual procedure, bespoken rates with multitier rating system and frequent changes in terms & conditions for the bundles of products or particular product categories.
- Shipping and delivery on B2B businesses are not in standardized format. You need to deal with numbers of custom regulations from one territories to another and may subject to changes with the changes in Government bodies or policies.
- In traditional B2B businesses, language and geographical boundaries play crucial role and force sales teams to travels frequently.
The above described barriers can be broken in online B2B portal is they are carefully designed and make endeavors to integrate various e-procurement systems of various technologies and nature. Let’s see how we can make difference by re-platform your B2B businesses from traditional to online platform.
Today due to fierce competitions, manufacturers as well as resellers have plenty of variations in a single product line. Therefore, preparing their customized catalogue for each vendor or a new contract imposes loads on the office clerks and other marketing staff. Keeping their files, exchanges them using fax machines, attending the emergency calls, etc. are bad illustrations of office management in modern days. Thus, online B2B portal is a perfect solution where you have to do all updates with a few mouse clicks and give absolute peace to the fax machines.
Punch Out Integration
Many government agencies and big manufacturing or reselling agencies have their own e-procurement systems with different technologies out in the market. Thus, you need to make suitable Punch Out server and technical integrations with their system. Thus, they will freely use your latest catalogue with customized terms for them. You don’t need to send them copies of your new terms and conditions frequently and for all new orders. Just make one update on your catalogue and done.
Once you move from traditional platform for B2B operations to online B2B e-commerce, you definitely have relaxed breaths in sense of timing you offer to your customers across the globe. As your B2B e-store will open for 24 X 7 X 365 ways not have any fear to loss the customers due to your unavailability to attend them. Moreover, your office would have less paper work in compare to traditional paper base system.
Thus, you could do work more efficiently with the same numbers of staff without increasing your strength and budget. Due to sigh of relief, you and your sales staff will attend new and loyal customers with enough attentions on their needs. Your marketing staff would have least amount of work due to online promotional schemes and innovative ways to implement some unique promotional ideas with B2B e-commerce portal.
You can make buying and selling decisions with much accuracy. Moreover, they would base on deep analysis of the trends reflecting on your B2B online store with help of automated reporting and analytics systems. Since you are offering custom level access with unique account allocations for each customers, you have enough chances to keep privacy of your data and your policies tailor made for them. Thus, your trade will have enough secrecy from one client (customer) to another. No conflict with rates, terms, and promotional offers.
Just treat your each B2B customers in extreme personalized ways as you do in real-life face-to-face encounters. You will have live chat system to do quick communications in private manner and caches on server to study their past behaviors with your e-store and your company.
Fortunately, Lujayn has such smart and skilled B2B e-commerce web development team that offers tailor made solutions with varying technological options such as Virtuemart development for Joomla platform, latest e-commerce plugin integrations for WordPress development, and Magento B2B enterprise development for giants.